It is only on the toughest cooler that can take your adventure trip to another level. With the sudden surge of brands launching their camping coolers, finding the right one has become cumbersome. A camping cooler that strikes a perfect balance between durability, ruggedness, performance, and of course, aesthetics is rare to be seen. That’s when Mammoth went down that extra mile to offer you a quality cooler at no surge in the overall expense.
In 2006, Mammoth offered an original and innovative design that appeals to the customers and makes their products separate from the rest of the products. Mammoth majorly deals in coolers, and they have two series. Apart from coolers, Mammoth manufactures drinkware, gears, and accessories. Mammoth coolers have been offering the outdoorsmen an incredible camping experience for the past years. Take a look at the brand’s offering along with features and specifications.
Mammoth Coolers Product Line up
Now we are familiar with the history of Mammoth and the products it offers. Moving on, it’s time to unveil the product line up of Mammoth ice chest. Let’s check out what Mammoth has to offer under its cooler category:-
Mammoth Coolers Cruiser Series
The first cooler series in which the brand deals is “Cruiser Series.” Under this category, you can find coolers that come in different sizes. You can choose from Cruiser 15, Cruiser 20, Cruiser 25, Cruiser 30. These coolers brag about their great ice retention period, durability and strength. You can take your pick from many colors, and they all look so pleasing. To get you a tad familiar with these coolers, we have listed down these coolers’ impressive features. Check out our section for the same.
|Mammoth Coolers Cruiser MC15W Cooler,...||116 Reviews||$115.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Mammoth Coolers Cruiser MC20W Cooler,...||116 Reviews||$125.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Mammoth Coolers Cruiser MC25W Cooler,...||116 Reviews||$140.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Mammoth Coolers Cruiser MC30W Cooler,...||116 Reviews||$140.98||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2021-02-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
We have listed some of the impressive features of the Mammoth Coolers Cruiser Series that give these coolers an edge over the rest. Let’s dive straight into it.
- Rotomolded Construction – Mammoth cruiser series brags about rotomolded construction. It indicates that the coolers are lightweight and durable.
- Insulated Walls – These coolers are designed using the insulated walls, keeping your ice protected and not letting it switch its form (to water).
- Non-skid grip – Another feature that will impress you is the non-skid grip; these coolers come with. Well, no matter, wherever you place these coolers, they won’t slide from their spot. This feature is pretty useful when carrying the cooler in a car or truck, so it will not leave any scratches behind.
After flipping through the section of features, let’s check out some of the pros and cons that will let you know if this cooler is value for money or not.
Ice Retaining capacity of Cruiser Series
Ice Life is the prerequisite factor that is generally observed while purchasing any cooler. If the coolers’ ice life does not live up to the expectations of people, the cooler has failed to serve its sole purpose. With well acquainted with the Mammoth ice chest’s specifications, it’s time to proceed on to see how well these coolers perform when they are taken under the severe heat of the sun.
Ice Life depends on numerous factors, and these factors influence the ice life of the cooler. The number of times you opened up the cooler, the quantity of ice you put inside the cooler, and the surroundings’ temperature have a great impact on the ice retaining capacity of coolers.
Let’s check the ice retaining capacity of Mammoth Coolers:
|Cruiser 15||30- 40 hours|
|Cruiser 20||35-45 hours|
|Cruiser 25||42-60 hours|
|Cruiser 30||55-75 hours|
Mammoth Cooler Ranger Series
The next that comes up is the Ranger Series. Like the Cruiser series, the coolers under this series come in different storage sizes so that consumers can choose according to their specifications or requirements. Under this series, you can find Ranger 25, Ranger 45, Ranger 65, Ranger 125. These coolers have a greater storage capacity than the Cruiser Series. So, if you are looking forward to grabbing a new cooler for your next camping trip, we have listed down all the features of the Mammoth coolers.
|Mammoth Coolers Ranger MR25W Cooler,...||34 Reviews||$200.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Mammoth Coolers Ranger MR45T Cooler, Tan||34 Reviews||$281.06||Buy on Amazon|
|Mammoth Coolers Ranger MR65T Cooler, Tan||34 Reviews||$272.62||Buy on Amazon|
|Mammoth Coolers Ranger MR125T Cooler,...||34 Reviews||$449.99||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2021-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Rotomolded Coolers – Mammoth coolers come with double-wall rotomolded constructions. Both the series, i.e., Cruiser and Ranger, are designed using this technology. Rotomolded Constructions provides great durability and longevity. They are not prone to the normal collision, collapse or accident.
- Thick Insulated Foam – Proceeding on, you can find the thick foam insulation that allows the cooler to withstand the sun’s scorching heat and yet keep the content so cold. Overcoming all the thermal barriers, the cooler has a great ice-retention life.
- Strong Gasket – In addition to this, there is a freezer-grade lid gasket made up of thick rubber. This gasket aims to lock the cold air inside the cooler and prevent escaping into the normal surroundings. This further increases the ice retaining capacity of the Mammoth ice chest.
- Drain System – To prevent leakage, the cooler comes with a heavy flow drain system. You can also find a non-skid feature that prevents the cooler weather from carrying it in a moving truck or attaching it to the boat. Moreover, you can also prevent the cooler from touching the hot surface to increase the ice retention ability.
Ice Retaining Capacity of Ranger Series
Ranger Series Coolers also offer an impressive ice retaining capacity. From the smaller model to the larger model, the ice retention ability moves all the way up. You can find your perfect companion in the Ranger Series that is tougher, durable, and stronger for an extended trip.
|Ranger 65||87-112 hours|
|Ranger 125||138-185 hours|
Some Of The Best Mammoth Coolers
We have compiled up a list of the best coolers manufactured by the Mammoth coolers to help you out. Check them out:
Last update on 2021-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Mammoth Coolers vs. Yeti Coolers
It is a bit difficult to draw a comparison between these premium brands. These brands use similar hardware components and similar specifications. Their rotomolded construction, insulated walls, ice retention, is similar.
But the thing that’s worth noticing is that Yeti has a huge product line up, and the customer’s choice is not limited, while Mammoth offers a “not so huge product line.” Customers have a limited choice, and the choice is also limited in colors.
The thing is that these trivial issues such as limited options, limited colors can be overlooked when it comes to the prices of the coolers. Yeti charges much more price as compared to the Mammoth for offering nothing unique than the Mammoth coolers. Given that they have rock solid bodies, insulated walls, and a great ice retention period at a relatively cheaper price than the Yeti cooler, we will pick the Mammoth ice chest.
Are Mammoth Coolers Value For Money – Mammoth Coolers In-Depth Review
Mammoth Coolers are more tough, durable, and strong. Mammoth deals with Mammoth coolers in two unique series that they call “Cruiser” and “Ranger.” Mammoth ice chests come in different storage sizes and different colors, so you wish to have a cooler with the required storage size is accomplished.
- Insulation ability – The thick insulated walls provide a great insulation capacity to the Mammoth Ice chest. Moreover, there is a thick insulation foam attached inside the cooler to retain the ice for longer. You can also find the freezer-grade lid gasket that locks the cold air inside the cooler. We have already talked about the ice retention of the Mammoth ice chest and how the hardware’s unique composition takes the ice life to another level. We are pretty much amazed at the ice retaining capability of Mammoth coolers.
- Durability – When any brand manufactures the cooler using rotomolded technology, the cooler’s durability is no longer questionable. Rotomolded technology is the hallmark for superior build quality. Cruiser Series and Ranger Series both come with the rotomolded design that provides extreme toughness in the worst and difficult situations. To back up their product, the lifetime warranty provided by Mammoth justifies the durability of these coolers is not skeptical.
- Visual Appearance – Despite their superior build quality, durability, one thing that’s worth describing that there are not such high choices for the customer. They will have to be content with 5-6 models in each of the categories. Moreover, the color choices are limited as well. You can choose between white and Tan color.
- Cost – Not everyone can afford these coolers. These coolers ask for a humongous price, and each of the features installed justifies the price tag. When talking about the price, these coolers come with a lifetime warranty to have them repair or replace during your entire span of life, which is another reason to justify the price.
Where can you buy Mammoth Coolers?
If you are wondering about buying the Mammoth Coolers, we recommend you visit the official website of Amazon. Amazon is offering the coolers at best possible value. Also, you can enjoy the experience of free and fast delivery. All the colors are available on Amazon’s website.
You can also visit the Mammoth’s official store or website. Just click on your desired product and add it to your cart and make a purchase.
Mammoth Coolers has brought something different for the people. Their rotomolded construction, great ice retention is what gives them a lead over other brands. Even the smaller models can hold ice for almost 3 days. The thing is that you will have to be satisfied with what they are offering. Limited choices can sometimes mean you have to make some compromises in terms of sizes and colors. Rest everything is wonderful. So, if you hardly bother about size or color, the Mammoth Ice chest is a perfect fit for you.
The ice retention capacity of any cooler depends upon various factors. Mammoth coolers can retain ice for several days. Factors like temperature, humidity, and weather can play a great role and impact the ice retention capacity of mammoth coolers. Another factor is how frequently you open the cooler.
Mammoth offers coolers in two different series, i.e., Ranger Series and Cruiser Series. However, these two series are quite different from each other.
Cruiser series coolers are designed for short trips, whereas Cruiser Series coolers are designed for long getaways. Cruiser series coolers come in small spaces and are intended for personal use. On the other hand, the Ranger series has to offer you plenty of space and is perfect for large families or for those times when you are going out with a bunch of your friends.
Mammoth coolers come in different sizes and spaces. You can find a smaller one that’s perfect for solo camping. On top of that, you will find a large cooler that is ideal for group camping. Depending upon what your needs are, you can take your pick from the choices available.
While most of the coolers do a great job of keeping your food and drinks, you will be able to find coolers that act as a warmer to warm up your food. So, no matter whether you are taking lunch at work, you will get rid of the soggy food. In most of these coolers, you will be able to switch from the cooling function to the warmer at the tap of a button.
You can use Dry Ice in your Cooler. Before you use dry ice, remember to take major precautions to not hurt yourself while putting dry ice inside the coolers. Moreover, dry ice keeps the temperature inside the cooler colder for a longer time as it melts slowly than regular ice.