A cooler gets the titular position when it is capable to retain ice for long. No doubt, there are plenty of factors that come into existence when we are talking about the ice retention ability of these coolers. No matter how well your cooler is built and no matter how thick the insulation wall is, an ice pack can play an indispensable role in keeping ice in the solid form for several days. So, it is, definitely worth, paying extra bucks to get the best ice packs for coolers. To beat this dilemma of finding the best ice packs for cooler, we have jotted down the best options up for grabs, along with their reviews. These are reusable ice packs that can be put to use again and again. On top of that, knowing that they are non-toxic is quite comforting.
Best Ice Packs For Coolers
1. YETI ICE Refreezable Reusable Cooler Ice Pack
When it comes to camping cooler, Yeti remains a go-to-destination for the campers about there thanks to its quality, features, aesthetics. Definitely, You can now resonate with what wonders that Yeti Ice is capable of doing. This freezer ice pack from Yeti features a custom design that ensures that the freezing is done in no time and it will get to work instantly- keep food and drinks chilled. In fact, the design is so durable that it can withstand the heaviest falls and that’s what makes it coveted by outdoorsmen.
YETI ICE Refreezable Reusable Cooler Ice Pack comes in multiple sizes that will cater to your needs. So, definitely, it will do a great job to substitute the ice and keep your food and drinks edible always. So, if you are a Yeti fan, it makes sense but an ice pack that comes with an ingrained Yeti logo.
- Dimensions – 8 in long x 5 3/8 in wide x 1 5/8 high
- Weight – 1.65 pounds
2. Cooler Shock Ice Packs
This ice packs for cooler is one of the best ice packs you can consider buying for your cooler. Cooler Shock Ice Packs are a great alternative to substitute ice and do a great job to outrun them. Anyone who is going out on a camping, boating or fishing, these ice packs will turn warm water into cold enough to quench your thirst and offer you a big relief. Knowing that you won’t have to eat a soggy sandwich is quite comforting since the melted water does not disperse in the interior of your cooler.
When you put these reusable ice packs in a well-insulated cooler, the results won’t disappoint you at all. It will keep your contents chilled for more than 48 hours. What is even comforting is that they are quite affordable and are designed for our own convenience. These icepacks come in different sizes and you can take your pick accordingly – whether you have a small cooler or a large cooler or a medium cooler.
- Dimensions – 10 x 14 x 1.5 inches
- Weight – 1.4 pounds
3. Arctic Cooler Ice Pack
The Arctic Ice Chillin Brew Series Freezer Packs are well suited for various outdoor activities including camping, boating, fishing since they come with a freezing point of 28 degrees F. Well, they offer you superb ice retention when you combine it with the well-insulated cooler. The fact that it can keep contents chilled for several days is relieving especially when you are camping during the peak season of summer.
Since they are reusable ice packs which is why they are quite money-saving and economical. It is designed using non-toxic material and is perfect for portable coolers to keep your drinks chilled and always handy. Arctic cooler ice packs come in different series – Chillin Brew Series, Alaskan Series, and Tundra Series. Tundra Series Ice Packs have an impressive freezing temperature of 5 degrees F and ideal for hunting trips where you would have to keep meat cold for several days. Their so-called Alaskan Series has good freezing temperature and keep your drinks cold at 33.8F
- Dimensions – 7.5 x 1.2 x 9.5 inches
- Weight – 2.2 pounds
4. Pelican Cooler Ice Pack
Pelican has earned a great reputation for manufacturing quality coolers and the same goes for Pelican Cooler Ice Pack. Designed in the USA, you can be assured of their quality, design, and performance. They have a custom design that can fit their respective cooler and this heavy-duty ice pack delivers exceptional performance when it comes to keeping the contents chilled and loaded. Its shell is UV protected which means the rays of the sun will have the least impact on it and it will keep your food and drinks cold for a longer period.
On top of that, this ice pack for cooler features a unique and sturdy design and it comes with a protective handle to lift this ice pack. Pelican Cooler Ice Pack is BPA Free and non-toxic which is why you can use it frequently and on every camping trip. Take a look at the specifications mentioned below:
- Dimensions – 9 x 2 x 11 inches
- Weight – 4.4 pounds
5. Igloo Maxcold Freezer Block
This reusable Ice Pack from Igloo is definitely a bang for your bucks. Well, if you have a large or an extra-large camping cooler, you can rest assured with Igloo Maxcold Freezer Block. Featuring a larger box, it can keep your content cold without creating any sort of mess. Like its high-performing range of camping cooler, the brand does not disappoint at all when it comes to ice packs. These ice packs for coolers come in different dimensions so that you can take the pick according to your personal preferences. For easy handling, this ice pack comes with easy grab ridges.
- Dimensions – 11.9 x 1.7 x 10.5 inches
- Weight – 5.3 pounds
How Does Reusable Ice Pack Differentiate From Regular Ice Cubes?
Ice Packs are a great substitute when you really want to get rid of the mess that a regular ice cube can create. Ice Packs have sorted out all the problems that a regular ice cube tends to creates. In fact, they are capable to retain ice for a longer period even during the peak of the summer season whereas the normal ice instantly melts and turns into water. Since Ice Packs can keep ice longer than normal ice, you can be assured of finding your drinks and food cold. What is even better is that the Reusable ice pack does not melt away quickly.
Using Regular ice cubes means a surge in the cost since every time, you go out on a camping trip, you will need a huge volume of ice cube to keep your food and drinks cold. On the other hand, investing in a reusable ice pack is a single-time splurge and it can be used again and again, for the years to come. Well, Reusable Ice Packs can be used in a small cooler or your lunch box to keep your food edible and preserved.
So, depending upon your personal choices, you can take your pick. Ice Packs are going to offer you an amazing ice retention period although the initial investment might be more than purchasing a regular ice cube.
How To Find The Best Ice Packs For Coolers?
There are a few things that you would have to consider while buying a new ice pack for yourself. Below, we have listed down some things that you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Freezing Time – The first thing that you need to take a look at is the freezing time of the ice packs. You want an ice pack that can instantly turn water into the frozen ice and keeps it for long to help you survive the summer nights. So, it is a good idea to check the reviews of these ice packs to get an idea for how long a particular ice pack can retain ice. No doubt, these ice packs will retain ice for a longer period and improve the performance of a cooler. Different ice packs will last differently and you want a one that can last longer than anyone else.
- Size – You can’t just simply pull out a random ice pack without measuring the dimensions and size of the ice pack. Like any other thing, considering the size of the ice pack is equally significant. Ice Packs are a bit bulky and space-taker when putting in the tightly packed cooler. With that said, you would not have enough space left in your cooler to load your food and drinks. So, it is important to measure the details about its dimensions including length, width, and height so that it can easily fit in your cooler and you still have plenty of space to fill food and drinks in the interior space of your cooler. Well, if you have a small cooler with you, there are plenty of choices you can take your pick from.
- Outer Casing – Another important consideration is to look at the outer casing and shell. Most of the ice packs are designed using a hard shell and casing, which is why they are durable and sturdy. So, if you frequently undertake those outdoor activities like fishing, you would want to have an ice pack that is durable and can withstand any abuse that it is passed through. On the flip side, you can also find a gel-filled ice pack can easily fit into tight packing and remove the uneven gaps.
- Price – The cost of the ice pack is another thing that you need to consider before buying one. So, depending on how much you are willing to spend can narrow down the choices that are in front of you. It is a good idea to invest in a high-quality ice pack that can be put to use for the years to come. On the other hand, investing in a cheap ice pack means that you will have to replace it again and again. No doubt, it will simply add up to the cost.
The longevity of ice packs depends upon various situations. Today’s best ice packs can retain ice for multiple days and you don’t have to worry when you are going out for a couple of days. Ice packs last longer than normal ice and are a great substitute for them.
Depending upon the efficiency of your refrigerator, it can take hours. Normally, you would find them freezing and turning into ice in 3 to 4 hours.
You can use Dry Ice in your Cooler. Before you use dry ice, remember to take major precautions so you don’t hurt yourself while putting dry ice inside the coolers. Moreover, dry ice keeps the temperature inside the cooler colder for a longer time as it melts slowly than regular ice.
There are many factors that can impact the life of ice, food, beverages but it is essential to know how to make the most out of your cooler.
- Try to keep your food and drinks cool before putting them inside the cooler. This will help the cooler to work more efficiently.
- Another very important thing to keep in mind is to use dry ice. The solid carbon dioxide lasts more than normal ice. Hence it maintains the temperature inside the cooler.
- To make the most out of your coolers, you must know that you should always avoid opening the cooler frequently and keep it away from the sunlight.