With the summer season almost settling in, we would covet to dive straight into the pool and beat this heat of summer. Whether it is a vacation or pool party, nothing is exciting than shoving ourselves in the water and splashing it on the face of others. However, the summer season might take a toll on your body and all you want to gulp drink to rehydrate your body. Having a floating cooler with you will be comforting since you will have instant access to food and drinks. The thing that separates floating cooler from the rest is that you won’t have to move out of the water to dig your food and then, return to the place carrying it.
What Makes A Floating Cooler To Float?
No matter what sort of outdoor activity you undertake, a floating cooler will make your trip more meaningful. Like the traditional coolers, A floating cooler follows the same concept and features. What you expect in those traditional coolers, a floating cooler has everything incorporated in it. It has the same construction, same insulated walls, drain plug and in fact, handles for carrying them.
The mechanism that follows behind their float in the water is what separates them from the rest. For a cooler to float in water, there is something that does not let them plummet in the water even when they are bursting with ice, food, and drinks. The presence of air is what keeps them going even in the water and that’s the only mechanism that the floating coolers follow.
Best Floating Coolers
1. Intex Mega Chill II Floating Ice Chest
For those times when you are beating the heat in the water and crave for drinks, Intex Mega Chill II Floating Ice Chest is an excellent choice. No need to throw yourself out of water when you are carrying this floating cooler. This floating cooler delivers unmatched performance by keeping your beverages cold for a longer period so that you can enjoy every moment in water with your kids. It comes with a removable ice chest that can hold up to 72 bottles along with ice to offer you every bit of comfort while you are soaking in the sun. On top of that, 6 cup holders make sure your drinks are always handy.
On each side of the raft, you get 2 handles that make carrying this floating cooler easy from one place to another. Apart from that, it comes with a repair kit to fix minor tears and punctures to keep it going. This is one of the most versatile options that you can consider buying. Take a look at the specifications of this floating ice chest.
- Dimensions – 48 x 38 x 24 inches
- Weight – 7 Pounds
Pros & Cons
2. CreekKooler PuP Floating Cooler
For kayaking, this floating cooler is a befitting choice ideal for outdoorsmen. This cooler is constructed using dual-wall and the superior insulation will make it an ideal companion in water. This floating cooler will keep ice frozen for a longer period. When it comes to space, this cooler has the capacity to hold 15 cans along with ice that will ensure your drinks are always chilled and ready to be served on demand.
This floating ice chest is teeming with incredible features. There are built-in bottle holders that will keep your drinks at an arm’s distance. On top of that, you get a water-tight lid to secure your drinks until you reach your destination. There are molded handles that you can use for easy carrying and comfortable portage. Though it might seem a small cooler, it is beefy enough to take your trip to another level. Take a look at the specifications of this cooler:
- Dimensions – 27.8 x 8.6 x 14.8 inches
- Weight – 7.3 Pounds
Pros & Cons
3. Beer Nation Inflatable Beer Pong Table with Cooler
For those who are hosting a pool party, Beer Nation Inflatable Beer Pong Table with Cooler remains a top- choice to keep your drinks cold for long so that you can continue your party. This floating cooler is a quintessential cooler that will add more fun to your party while you natter away with your guests. You can play competitive games while keeping your beverages always ready to satiate your quench. The cooler is built differently entirely. The high-quality construction, convenient handles all combine together to offer you every bit of comfort so you won’t have to come out of the pool to get another chilled drink.
The incorporation of pong table along with cooler deserves a special mention, right here. This floating cooler is leak-proof and it will prevent any sort of spillage. So, just dive right straight into the pool and have some “me time”. Take a look at the specifications of this cooler:
- Dimensions – 13.8 x 12.6 x 3.9 inches
- Weight – 4 Pounds
Pros & Cons
4. Byers 1700 Big Bobber Floating Cooler
This floating cooler from Byers features a very practical and thoughtful design and will certainly bring more fun to the party. The Big Bobber cooler has the capacity to hold cans and beer for you along with ice to keep it chilled for the whole day. This Bobber-shaped floating cooler is quite strong and durable and you can use it for the years to come. There is a built-in handles that you can use to carry it from places.
So, if you have made up your mind to spend quality time in hot weather, Big Bobber Floating Cooler should be on your radar. This is one of the best floating coolers you can consider buying for yourself as well as the most affordable ones. Take a look at the specifications of this cooler:
- Dimensions – 14 x 14 x 15.8 inches
- Weight – 4.5 Pounds
Pros & Cons
5. AIRHEAD AHAO-1 Aqua Oasis Insulated Nylon Cooler
This is the best floating cooler you can consider buying yourself. Perfect for pool parties where you won’t have to restock your drinks and interrupt the party. This floating cooler does a great job of keeping your drinks preserved for a longer period and the addition of 6 cup holders makes sure you have your drinks ready just at an arm’s distance. Also, knowing that it easily fits 24 cans of beer is comforting so you don’t have to move out to get your drinks.
There is a sundry holder where you can stow suntan lotion to protect yourself from the elements of nature. This floating cooler is designed using leak-proof nylon that makes it durable and it can be put to use for years. This is one of the most affordable options out there and perfect for a medium-sized family group. Take a look at the specifications of this cooler:
- Dimensions – 14 x 10 x 5 inches
- Weight – 2.4 Pounds
Pros & Cons
What Are The Different Types Of Floating Coolers?
There is a sheer variety of floating coolers in the market and you should be aware of these different types of floating coolers to make the most out of them. Some of these floating coolers feature a single, inflatable tube and you can attach your cooler on top of that. Apart from that, some of these inflating tubes have already insulated cooler mounted on top of them. Well, other coolers have inflated rings attached to the side of the cooler.
Well, these floating coolers are lightweight and these coolers can be put to use whether you are fishing or kayaking or sitting by your pool to beat the heat of the summer. Since these coolers are quite portable and you can carry them anywhere you want. These coolers are designed to offer you every bit of comfort while keeping your drinks frozen for hours. These coolers are sturdily designed and can last for the years to come.
What Are The Features To Look For While Buying Floating Coolers?
Picking the right floating cooler is an arduous task if you are not sure of what things to look at while buying them. Also, the fact that there is a sheer presence of choices can put you on the fence. Though this might not seem like an essential piece of gear, it will be helpful during the summer season when the sun has reached its pinnacle. There are a few things that you will have to consider and we have jotted down these factors below to help you in picking the right floating cooler.
- Insulation efficiency – It does not make sense to buy a floating cooler that is not able to retain ice and drinks chilled. Make sure to buy a cooler which is efficient when it comes to keeping ice frozen. Having a floating cooler that is not insulated will be the biggest letdown and your money will go down the drains. So, make sure to ask the manufacturers about the degree of insulation. Well, if you are looking for an inflating tube to attach your cooler, this is not important.
- Inflation / Deflation – While choosing the inflating coolers, it is essential that you look into the process of inflating and deflating the tube. Inflating the tube should be quite easy and comfortable. Today’s high-quality coolers with come with a high-quality air pump and you won’t find any difficulty in inflating the floating coolers. Well, if you facing any difficulty or if you find it time-consuming and hard to inflate it, you must avoid buying that. The same goes for defeating the cooler.
- Stability – Stability remains an important consideration while you are buying a floating cooler. Make sure that the cooler you are buying is stable enough to hold the weight of the cooler and yet, floats in the water. An unstable cooler will tip off the contents in the water and all your food and beverages will be spilled. An unstable cooler will work as a spoilsport to ruin the trip of others as well. It is important to look at this thing. Apart from that, it is a good idea to look at the reviews of those customers that have used the cooler before to get an insight into the stability of this cooler.
- Space and Size – Today, we have an overwhelming choice to take our pick from. Floating coolers come in different shapes and sizes – large coolers and small coolers and you need to be clear of what size you wish to go with. Ask yourself whether you will be needing a floating cooler to host a large party? Are you looking for a floating cooler for just a couple of friends? Do you intend to use your cooler? Answering these questions will clear all your doubts and give you a perspective about what size should be the best for you. Depending upon the answers you called, you can take your pick.
How To Clean A Floating Cooler?
Floating coolers are designed using vinyl and PVC Material and they are quite easy to clean. Well, if you are taking them with you at the pool or using them in water, you can use the damp cloth and wipe it comfortably. On the other hand, if there is a stain that you wish to remove, the solution of soap and water would remove the stain and the odor that is building up inside the ice chest. You have to cautious while you are using your cooler in saltwater since it can do damage to the cooler. So, make sure you are using high-quality cleaning products and a sponge to clean the cooler.
Why Do You Need A Floating Cooler?
There are a few reasons that you would love to own a floating cooler. Well, we have mentioned a few reasons that are enough for you to laud for them. Take a look at the things that make them unique from the rest of the coolers.
- Light-Weight – Of course, traditional coolers weigh heavy and it is a sort of a hassle to carry them from a point to another. Unlike those, floating coolers have overcome this problem and they are quite light in weight. It means that you can easily carry them around whether you are going fishing or splashing water in the pool.
- Affordable – Unlike Hard-Sided coolers and soft-sided coolers that are exorbitantly priced, a floating cooler is quite affordable. Most of these coolers don’t come with expensive price tags and are perfect for keeping your beverages cold for hours. Floating coolers are designed using rubber and a few gaskets. So, if you have been looking to sit around your pool, floating cooler makes an excellent choice.
- Floats – A floating cooler can float. Often, we wish if we could have a cooler that can float so that you don’t have to come out of the water to bring your favorite beverage. You could simply extend your arm and reach out for the drinks that have been kept in those cup-holders. With a floating cooler by your side, you can enjoy every bit of comfort – from keeping those drinks cool to eliminating your need to come out of the water.
Floating Coolers can make your pool party more interesting by adding some excitement to the party. Also, the significance they own must not be overlooked. Thanks to their floating concept, you won’t have to come out of the water to get yourself a drink. There are a bunch of options up for grabs in the market when it comes floating and one thing, for sure, is that our buying guide would help you in making the right choice. We have listed down the best floating coolers and no matter what your budget is, you are sure to find the right one for yourself.
These floating coolers are incorporated with features that are designed to make our lives convenient. They come with handles to carry them around, they have insulation efficiency to keep our things frozen. So, it is a good idea to make some space for the addition of these coolers in your arsenal. If you have made up your mind, it is best if you take your pick from the above-mentioned products.
What Is A Floating Cooler?
A floating cooler means that you can take this cooler with you in water and it will float in water and keep your drinks cold. Well, there are a bunch of versatile options you can consider. In most of these coolers, there is a space where you can put your cooler and get it inside the water. On the other hand, other coolers come with coolers which are already mounted. Depending upon the size of these coolers, you can take your pick.
What Makes A Floating Ice Chest To Float?
Well, there is a science behind this thing. The presence of oxygen can make this float in winter. A floating cooler follows the same concept and it easily floats on the surface of the water.
Does A Floating Cooler Works In Any Water?
Yes, a floating cooler will float no matter what type of water it is. Whether you are going to a lake or heading to the pool party, you can always rest assured about the fact that it will work.
Is it safe to use dry ice in these coolers?
You can use Dry Ice in your Cooler. Before you use dry ice, remember to take major precautions so you don’t hurt yourself while putting dry ice inside the coolers. Moreover, dry ice keeps the temperature inside the cooler colder for a longer time as it melts slowly than regular ice.
Can these coolers also work as food warmers?
While most of the coolers do a great job of keeping your food and drinks, you will be able to find coolers that act as a warmer to warm up your food. So, no matter whether you are taking lunch at work, you will get rid of the soggy food. In most of these coolers, you will be able to switch from the cooling function to the warmer at the tap of a button.