Engel has earned a great reputation for manufacturing the best and high- quality coolers. Launched in Japan in 1962, it has served customers for more than 60 years. Driven by their passion, they offer premium features under the non-premium price tag. Crafted meticulously, these coolers have managed to offer the outdoorsmen a cathartic release. Below is our detailed comparison of Engel Coolers, and we have personally reviewed these coolers to know how well they perform, taking everything into our consideration.
Product Line Up by Engel
Engel Hard Sided Coolers
You can choose from a wide variety of coolers under these two categories, known as Rotomolded Coolers and Drybox. Your search for an ideal cooler will definitely end here.
- "IGBC Certified Bear Resistant Container" - molded on rear lid of cooler
- Up to 10 days Ice Retention
- Dry ice compatible
- Durable seamless rotationally-molded construction
- First and original high performance cooler
- Sizes from 25 to 320 available
- Best in class ice retention and overall performance, holds ice for up to 10 days
- Rotationally molded with 2 inches of high density closed-cell polyurethane insulation all...
- IGBC Certified bear resistant container - when 2 locks used
- Silicone airtight gasket, adjustable recessed marine grade compression latches and...
- Dry Ice compatable. Non-Marking rubber feet. 10 year warranty
- 10 year warranty
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
For more Series or Models, click here.
- Keeps food and drinks cold and doubles as a dry box - keeping out moisture and/or dust...
- Features a unique airtight EVA gasket around the lid - for excellent ice retention and a...
- Features a recessed central carry handle in the lid & integrated adjustable shoulder...
- All fittings secured with stainless steel screws. Rear hinges are self stopping. Front...
- Non-Absorbent surfaces are easy to clean and are stain and odor resistant.
- Sport Type: Camping & Hiking
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
For more Series or Models, click here.
Engel Soft Sided Coolers
Engel has a great collection of Soft-sided coolers coming to Soft-Sided Coolers that come in different storage capacities. Engel promises to deliver huge quality products that are sure to last long. You can choose from simple, sobber color to a much brighter color, including camos.
- Unique feature is the 2 cold storage compartments - one can be dry for sandwiches, while...
- Light weight, high performance. Keeps cold for up to 3 days
- 3 Convenient ways to carry... Shoulder strap, oversized grab handles and as a traditional...
- A benefit of the foil inner layer which acts like a space blanket. It reflects the suns...
- Features multiple storage compartments on all sides with water resistant zippers.
- High performance soft sided cooler (hold ice up to 4 days).
- Waterproof full length zipper for easy access and front accessory pocket.
- Patent pending vacuum valve technology - improves insulation performance
- Rugged TPU outer wall construction. This cooler has a capacity of 32Qts
- Includes ergonomic shoulder strap, bottle opener and zipper lube.
Last update on 2023-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
For more Series or Design, click here.
Features of Engel Cooler
- Huge Storage Space – Engel is a big name in the cooler industry. Being known for its quality product, Engel has great potential to be the market leader in the cooler industry. Your problem of storage dissipates when you own an Engel Cooler. With the huge storage room, you can pack up your back for the full weekend. There’s really a lot of space, and that is quite impressive.
- Rotomold Design – Engel designs the toughest and strong products in the industry. That’s the reason Engel has earned the reputation of providing a great quality product. Featuring a roto mold design, these coolers can withstand any calamity coming their way. The name “Rotomolded design” is enough to show how tough the coolers are.
- Great Ice retaining Capacity – What matters most while looking for a cooler is the cooler’s ice retaining capacity. Engel cooler has got you covered in this aspect. You will find a thick insulated wall that is made up of polyurethane. So, Ice retention will not be a great issue for Engel Coolers’ ice life.
- ArcticVault Gasket – Besides this, the ArcticVault Gasket that comes with the Engel Ice Chest creates a strong seal between the lid and the rest of the body. It allows the cold air to stay inside the cooler, and the hot air gets out in the surrounding.
- CornerStone Feet – The Engel Coolers come with the Corner Stone Feet. This allows the cooler to prevent touching the base. People who are scared of the scratches that their coolers might get won’t have to worry now. Moreover, the non-marking elevated feet that do not allow the cooler to touch the heat also enhance the cooler’s ice retaining capacity. Considering the mobility, it thus becomes quite easy to move them back and forth without any burden.
Engel Hard Sided Rotomolded Cooler Comparison
|Model||ENGEL 25||ENGEL 65||ENGEL 123||ENGEL 320|
|Weight||18 lbs||26 lbs||42 lbs||89 lbs|
|Storage||24 cans||70 cans||130 cans||441 cans|
Engel Cooler Dry Box Comparison
|Model||ENGEL 19QT Cooler/ Dry Box||ENGEL 13QT Cooler/ Dry Box||ENGEL 30 QT Cooler/ Dry Box|
|Exterior Dimensions||16.5x11x13||15″ x 10″ x 11″||19.5×12.5×14.5|
|Interior Dimension||13.5x8x10||12″ x 7″ x 8.5″||16.5×9.5×11.5|
|Weight||5.5 lbs||3.5 lbs||7 lbs|
|Storage||19 quarts||13 quarts||30 quarts|
- Durability – Engel manufactures the toughest and strong coolers. The durability of Engel Coolers is not even questionable. The Engel coolers are designed with rotomolded technology that makes them more durable, indestructible. Whether you sit and relax on the cooler or make it prone to some accident, you will not see anything worth regretting.
- Mobility – For mobility, these coolers come with side ropes and handles. The absence of hard wheels to make carrying or moving the cooler more convenient feel deeply. There might be times you have to carry the coolers on the shoulders, which seems too much pain. But we can’t do anything about it unless Engel starts focussing more on mobility.
- Appearance – There are a plethora of options to choose from that fit your standard sizes. Moreover, these coolers come in beautiful and vivid colors that will give you another sort of joy. You can choose from White, Tan, Haze Grey, Seafoam, Arctic Blue, and Camo. These coolers are aesthetically appealing. Engel does not offer customization. You have to be content with what is being offered to you. No personal design, no personal pattern, or color will be offered to you.
- Cost – With the premium features being offered, the Engel Ice Chest is relatively cheaper under premium brands. While the other brands charge much higher for similar features, Engel coolers come as saviors for looking for a relatively cheaper price tag.
- Insulation Ability – Designed with rotomolded technology, the Engel coolers can retain the ice more than your expectations. Besides this, the 2-inch insulated wall made up of polyurethane expands the ice life by capturing the cooler’s cold air. Insulation ability is also influenced by the ArcticVault Gasket that creates a strong seal between the lid and the rest of the body. We have already talked about the ice retaining capacity of all the coolers. We are much impressed by the insulation ability of Engel Ice Chest.
|Model||Engel Cooler HD 30||Engel Cooler Prym 1||Engel High-Performance Backpack|
|Weight||7.5 pounds||4 pounds||4 pounds|
|Storage||32 quarts||23 quarts||23 quarts|
- Thick Layer Insulation- The soft-sided coolers come with 1-inch thick layers responsible for coolers’ ice retaining capacity. The thick layer captures and locks the cooler’s cold air and does not escape into the normal surroundings. This is due to the thick layer of insulation foam that keeps the ice-cold for a longer period of time.
- Strong Build- The soft-sided coolers are build using 500-denier polyester that is wear-resistant and rugged. The importance of build quality is realized when you find yourself surrounded by plants and trees, and there is a higher chance of coolers to tear out.
- High Storage Capacity- High Storage Capacity of soft-sided coolers is another impressive thing about the soft-sided coolers. These coolers have great storage capacity, and you won’t run out of space. Even the smaller models have a storage capacity of 23 quarts, and as you move on to larger models, you will definitely find the storage capacity you need the most.
Engel Coolers – Ice Retention Life
Engel Coolers are the toughest, strongest products manufactured by Engel. These build qualities are not sufficient when someone steps out to purchase a cooler. If a brand has to top the market, the coolers must have a great ice retention period. Let’s check how the Engel Cooler performs when it comes to ice retention life.
Engel Coolers has the greatest ice life. For those who want to go on a trip for a week, the Engel Coolers is your perfect companion. With more than 8 days of the ice retention period, the Engel has shaken the cooler industry. The toughest cooler offers the toughest performance. We are pretty much amazed by the ice retention of Engel Coolers. Let’s check the ice life of various Engel Cooler models.
|Engel 25||50-55 hours|
|Engel 35||52-65 hours|
|Engel 45||70-88 hours|
|Engel 50||77-99 hours|
|Engel 65||80-105 hours|
|Engel 80||95-114 hours|
|Engel 85||100-125 hours|
|Engel 123||125- 140 hours|
|Engel 165||135- 165 hours|
|Engel 240||155- 180 hours|
|Engel 320||170- 210 hours|
Since we all know that you might see some variations in the ice retaining capacity due to the climatic variations. The ice retaining capacity is also influenced by some other factors such as the quantity of ice put inside the cooler, the number of times the cooler was open. Engel 25, the smallest model, has great ice retaining while Engel 320 can retain the ice for more than a week.
Engel vs. Yeti Coolers – Who Wins The Battle?
These two are the two most established brands in the industry. When you buy their products, you can be assured of high-quality, durable products. It’s just a matter of personal preferences where you lay your hands. Below, we have personally reviewed these two coolers to give you a better and in-depth analysis of these coolers and how well they perform. You will get a better idea about how these coolers are different and what aspects make them different. We had some benchmark sets already, and we have compared these coolers according to those parameters.
Engel Deep Blue coolers come with 2 inches of thick insulation to maximize this ice chest’s cooling performance and retain ice for several days. These ice chests can retain ice for up to 10 days. You get 2 inches of insulation throughout the entire body, including side, bottom as well.
Yeti Coolers are incorporated with fat wall construction, which is why they have great insulation capacity. Apart from that, Yeti Tundra coolers come with Pressure-injected Permafrost insulation, which keeps the ice frozen for days. Depending upon the weather, these coolers will keep your ice frozen for 5 days to 14 days.
2. Size and Capacity
Engel Cooler comes in 9 different sizes, and you can choose from your personal preferences. Whether you are looking for a small cooler or a big cooler, these coolers will definitely meet your needs. You are sure to find what you are looking for. You get 25, 35, 50, 65, 80, 123, 165, 240, 320 quart ice chests.
On the other hand, Yeti has a wide assortment of Yeti Tundra coolers when compared with Engel. Yeti Tundra coolers’ capacity also extends larger than Engel ice chests, and the biggest cooler you can get from Yeti is 420 Quart. You can pick from 20, 35, 45, 50, 65, 75, 105, 110, 125, 160, 210, 250, 350, 420 quart.
Both Engel Ice chests and Yeti coolers are designed using rotomolded construction. Rotomolded design is the hallmark of the best quality in the industry. Today’s best coolers are designed using rotomolded construction, which adds to the strength of these coolers. These coolers are virtually indestructible and, in fact, can be used as a step stool or a seat since they can hold up well against heavyweight as well. These coolers are sturdily built to last for ages.
Engel Ice chest features nylon rope handles with a plastic grip for comfortable portage. Being plastic, it becomes quite difficult for campers to put their hands in a comfortable position while carrying this cooler. You don’t have the flexibility to change the position of your hands. Your hands are surely going to hurt if you are going to carry it for long.
Yeti coolers are incorporated with nylon rope handles with rubber grip for easy carrying. The rubber grip addition makes it easy for campers to move cooler from one place to another with ease, even while covering a large distance. This is one of the nicest things that Yeti coolers come with.
Investing in a quality cooler can cost you a fortune, and that’s why you need a cooler that comes with a warranty in case any damage is done, or you receive a damaged product.
When it comes to warranty, Engel gives a 3-year warranty on their coolers. On the other hand, when you buy a Yeti Cooler, you get 5 years of warranty. They cover every little thing – from the body to menial things like rubber, latches, and more.
Where can you buy Engel Coolers?
So, if you are looking for the right spot to buy the Engel Coolers, we recommend visiting the Amazon website. Amazon is the only website that’s providing the Engel Ice Chest at the best minimum price. Moreover, all the coolers’ different sizes and colors are available to be grabbed only at Amazon. You can expect free and fast shipping from Amazon. There are more possible chances that you might save some money to put it to use somewhere else.
Even if you wish to buy from the original store, you can visit Engel Coolers’ website and grab your desired model. If you want to know more about the coolers, people rely on many reviews on Amazon and Engel’s website.
Engel coolers give tough competition to the other premium brands. The coolers come with premium features, and they boast of ice retention, strong build quality. We are pretty amazed by the durability and exceptional ice retaining the capacity of the coolers. Many other brands provide similar features at a much higher price, where the Engel Cooler takes the lead. Keeping the price factor in mind, they are offering coolers at an “affordable price.”
If you have loved our review about the Engel Coolers, we have also reviewed other brands’ coolers. You can read the reviews of the coolers here:
Feel free to reach out. If you want some suggestions or want us to review a particular cooler, we would be more than pleased to connect with you.
FAQ’s for Engel Coolers
Engel coolers are designed using roto-molded construction, which gives these coolers a lead for ice retention capability. These coolers can keep your stuff cold for up to 10 days. The coolers’ performance can vary depending upon the temperature, how you use them, and other climate factors. There is always an uncertainty- for how long these coolers can keep your stuff cold.
Yes, you can customize your cooler. Engel lets you reflect on your personal taste. You can customize your logo- no matter whether you have soft coolers or hard coolers, or dry boxes. For more information about their customized program, you can visit their website.
Well, there are several products that you can buy from Engel. From hard-sided coolers to soft-sided coolers to dry boxes, Engel has got you covered. The brand deals in a range of hard-sided coolers that come in different sizes. You can choose from different colors of coolers to reflect your personal styles. Soft-sided coolers are designed with materials that make them more durable. Engel soft-sided coolers are so durable that they can withstand any scratches easily. They also have a range of dry box coolers that will keep your items hot and cold.
Many factors can impact the life of ice, food, beverages, but it is essential to know how to make the most out of your cooler.
- Try to keep your food and drinks cool before putting them inside the cooler. This will help the cooler to work more efficiently.
- Another vital thing to keep in mind is to use dry ice. The solid carbon dioxide lasts more than normal ice. Hence it maintains the temperature inside the cooler.
- To make the most out of your coolers, you must know that you should always avoid opening the cooler frequently and keep it away from the sunlight.